Day Five


Tijuana: Mon 27 June 2011

What a day! So a nice breakfast followed by a little walk down to the beach. An abundance of squirrels running around, they're the new rats, I'm sure. The bad news is that it seems the headache I had been getting for the last couple of days, may have actually been due to an infected tooth, ow! Spoke with Soroya, who has booked me in for a 2 pm appointment after lunch.
Dr Mora came down with Maria's blood results. Everything was in order and pretty much within all the recommended levels. This is great news, and what was really interesting is that her protein levels were adequate and remember she hasn't touched any animal proteins in over a month. Dr Mora, spent a good deal of time just explaining what all the different blood tests were and what they meant, something that has never happened in the dozens of times she has had blood tests back home.
Oh well. D-Day, we have eaten lunch and it's time for me to go down to reception where a driver will take me and Soroya (who will act as my interpreter) to the dentist. Good news is that within a couple of minutes the dentist had confirmed that i had an infection around an old tooth; the bad news, it has to come out; the extra bad news, it was a root filling.
Cut to 3 hours later and 6th x-ray, and finally the last of the tooth had been removed. An extremely careful dentist who decided he would take his time rather than just yank the thing out in ten minutes. Although I must admit, my mouth and lips got pretty dry. The cost for this monumental amount of dental surgery, 40 bucks! If anyone from the LA area wants a recommendation of a dentist just across the border, drop me a line ;-)
Got back to the hospital and to my partner in crime, Maria, who was actually beginning to wonder where I had gotten to, and if I had enrolled in a Mexican street gang, and discussed my woes and the pain I had been through. Man flu!
Got to dinner time and there is no way I'm going to be getting any solids in my mouth, so waited a couple of hours, and mushed up my food and ate most of it through a straw. Opted not to take the painkillers I had been prescribed, although I did chicken out and take the anti-biotics, just to be safe?
Crashed out to Black Swan with Maria, and stopped it about half way through before we both passed out for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment