Day Two


Tijuana: Fri 24 June 2011

Woke after a great night's sleep at 5.30 am, and watched the end of the film we had tried to watch the night before. Breakfast was porridge and toast, which even had some homemade jam with it.
We met Dr Mora, who seemed great and amazingly focussed. It would be easy to be fooled by his young looks if he weren't so knowledgeable. He spent a good hour talking to us, giving us a brief overview of how the treatment might pan out. What is interesting here, is that they take each case and break it down and then try several different approaches to treating it. This is a very different way of working and feels extremely more personal. The other thing to remember is that there are very few patients here. The hospital doesn't take more then six!
Dr Mora explained Coley Vaccines and how they would be used to help try and kick-start the immune system, and retrain it to fight infections.
Lunch was a delicious sweet potato along with a bean soup and salad. This increased the gas levels in our room for the rest of the afternoon!
After lunch Maria got her first Coley shot and began feeling the pain in the shoulder later in the afternoon. Dinner was a baked potato and aubergine along with soup and salad. Spent dinner talking with Dave and Denise again. My plan is to also start taking enemas tomorrow, I have also told Dr Mora that I wont take any special 'visitor' alternatives with my meals, such as chicken or pasta, thus I will be eating more or less the same diet as Maria. I can say that after just a few days of radically changing my diet I feel amazingly different. Had a really shitty sinus headache bugging me for most of the afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment