Day Four


Tijuana: Sun 26 June 2011

Awoke again bright and early at 5.30 am. It must be these earlier nights. Had a shower, although it wasn't so easy as the shower head has fallen off, so we now shower under a jet of water. It works! As Dr Mora said the other day, this place isn't as fancy as some of the hospitals that are almost like spas these days, but the help you get here outweighs all of that, and I have to say, I whole heartedly agree with that.
Again, a fairly quiet day, I guess most of them will be as this is a recovery phase where one should take it fairly easy. I am really beginning to get into the diet now. Before, back at home I really over ate. I would find myself not only eating the wrong food, but too much of it. I had tried several times in conjunction with my Yoga training for example to cut back on my diet, but it seems that not only is it about quality but quantity. I can now eat what I would consider a laughable amount of food, and not feel hungry again afterwards, and I don't even have cravings between these meals. Whilst up on the sundeck this afternoon, by the way, we had tremendous weather today, I got a waft of some grilled chicken from the surrounding neighbourhood, and whilst I can say I still find the smell attractive, I didn't get a craving, and I consider this a good sign. The amount of information we have recently digested regarding nutrition, dangers of sodium (salt) and produced foods, I think I can safely say that it is time for a change in my diet. I encourage you to see some of the lectures by Gar Hildenbrand here along with a film he made where he travelled around the USA meeting some survivors of sometimes terminally diagnosed cancers that followed the Gerson protocol sometimes along with the Coley Vaccines. What you take away from this film with you is the sincere belief that our health system, not just in the US, but also back home in Sweden is so unknowledgeable and based on profits for pharmaceutical companies. I was always skeptical about such conspiracy, whistle blowing films before, but the facts are there, and the simplicity is that we (society today) is malnourished and has a lot of resulting sickness and disease based upon such deficiencies. I shall be putting up links on the right side-bar later to some very interesting documentaries.
Well, I'll just hop off my soap box for a few moments and tell you about the rest of the day.
At dinner we met one of the other patients here, Audrey, who in her early eighties is returning to the hospital for further treatment. A very alert and extremely knowledgable lady, it was really interesting to hear her stories about how things had changed in the US during her lifetime.
Cracking sunset this evening, caught the sun a little today, so just off to rub some natural aloe vera into my rosy arms before bed.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Richard,

    Reading your posts with great interest - I'm sending all the positivity I can muster as well as my very best wishes and hopes for success with the remarkable course of treatment Maria has undertaken.

    Best regards,

    Jared (Greg's brother)

    ReplyDelete