Day Ten

Tijuana: Sat 2 July 2011

Nice quiet Saturday. Not a lot doing. As I said, Maria gets to take a break from the Coley's shots at the weekend, unfortunately though she has to take the Vitamin C via an IV, which is a long way down on her list of favourite things to do. We took a walk before lunch down to the local 'mall'. Pretty impressive array of junk food. I think I wouldn't be pushing my neck out if I were to say that Mexicans as a rule don't have the healthiest diet.
Following on from a delicious lunch we headed back to the room, where I crashed out for nearly two hours. Hard work this! After that we watched an amazing seminar by a Doctor Robert Lustig from the University of San Fransisco, about the dangers of sugar, more importantly HFCS (High Fructose Corn Syrup). This seminar is truly remarkable, and I think that all parents can greatly benefit from seeing this. No, to be honest I'll rephrase that and say that all parents should be made to watch this.




Later on Dinner spent chatting with Audrey's daughter, who told us that she was more coherant now and managed to say the odd word now and again. An episode of Sopranos this evening (Maria had not really seen it before, and I'm going to see them all again), followed by bed. Maria was a little sad tonight, I don't think one can ever understand the psychological strain that a cancer patient carries, unless you have been one. All one can really do is be there and give as much support as you can.

No comments:

Post a Comment