Day Twentythree

Tijuana: Fri 15 July 2011

Funny thing happened today. Feli came in to show me how to perform a Liver injection, which is basically into the bum. She firstly showed me how to load the syringe with the medicine, and then she was going to show me where to inject into the bum, but Maria was busy. So she called one of the cleaning ladies over, pulled down her trousers and gave her a shot straight into the bum!
"What are you doing?", I cried.
"It's OK with some extra vitamins", She replied with a smile.
Freaky.
Really nice day today. Maria had an IM Coleys with a fairly medium reaction. We actually all ate lunch up on the sun deck, which was great.
Well Dr Mora, should be back on Monday and hopefully we will be getting the Autologous vaccine, which has been specially developed from Maria's own blood. These I think are taken once a week, and don't give any kind of major reaction, I think.
The picture above is of the Coronado islands, which we can see from our room. They have some pretty interesting history, especially during the prohibition. You can read about them here.

No comments:

Post a Comment